Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Video Discussion
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Video Discussion Discuss Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa videos in the gallery.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
haixu

::Profile::
Keeping: moba

Happy anivers mobas lol ... man I have been doing 10% every week as we talked about so far so good man and feeding just like your schedule thanks for the tips. they look goo dman
The Following User Says Thank You to haixu For This Useful Post:
pinoy (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 AM
jaideep
Veteran Member

Keeping: Ngumu Ngumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
Thank you sir.
Appreciate the kind words.
before this colony, I had a frontosa halembe. and always dreaming on owning a Zaire.
and I'm living that dream now. . check my profile/thread you will see what my halembe looks like...
Jammer, now that you said that ...... May I ask, why you never showed us pictures of your Halembe's Before, I allege that you are biased towards your Mobas ..... post pictures and make it snappy !!!! I bet your Helembes are equally beautiful and I cant find any excuse for you now showing us those fish !!! You might even force me to start a war here in cyphos with a new post : More beautiful - Fronts vs Gibbs and you will have a hard time cooling everyone's nerve. And yes, your dear friend Denzio will be on my side this time with quotes like "WHY NOT ???"

Looking at your Mobas though, I must revise my perception that feeding once a day doesent make your Cyphos grow as much as feeding thrice. That has been a learning lesson for me from your post (though I must admit that your video is awesome). I could perhaps be correct in saying - good water quality + clean tank + limited feeding + correct hours of lighting. But then, can you let us know of your water parameters and whats your NO3's before water change ?

Last edited by jaideep; 11-18-2012 at 03:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaideep For This Useful Post:
pinoy (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 03:28 AM
pinoy

Keeping: WC Kapampa, WC Moba, F1 Kitumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by haixu View Post
Happy anivers mobas lol ... man I have been doing 10% every week as we talked about so far so good man and feeding just like your schedule thanks for the tips. they look goo dman
Thanks Hai,
forgot to mentioned to you, always check your water parameters.(ammonia,nitrite,nitrate) if they are good don't play as a chemist. leave them alone. and you know how i take out those uneaten foods? i use a very fine nets ( same nets you will use to catch your frys ) and scoop them up same thing on their poop before i do water change.
now keep in mind, as they grow, they will eat more foods so, you will increase that a little and thats when you increase your water changes. as i've mentioned already, i now doing a 20-30% water change and upgraded my filtration also.
and don't forget to take a lots of pics.

(210g) 7ft long
(240g) 8ft long

Check out my tanks and stand build.
HERE....
The Following User Says Thank You to pinoy For This Useful Post:
jaideep (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 AM
pinoy

Keeping: WC Kapampa, WC Moba, F1 Kitumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideep View Post
Jammer, now that you said that ...... May I ask, why you never showed us pictures of your Halembe's Before, I allege that you are biased towards your Mobas ..... post pictures and make it snappy !!!! I bet your Helembes are equally beautiful and I cant find any excuse for you now showing us those fish !!! You might even force me to start a war here in cyphos with a new post : More beautiful - Fronts vs Gibbs and you will have a hard time cooling everyone's nerve. And yes, your dear friend Denzio will be on my side this time with quotes like "WHY NOT ???"
Hahaha jay, i don't know what are you talking about? how about these two link?
http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26071
http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27481
as i've mentioned ALL my fishes were all documented here.
well, i no longer owned the halembe. "MBOVINET" (fishfreaks) got them all. thats the reasons why no more updated pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideep View Post
Looking at your Mobas though, I must revise my perception that feeding once a day doesent make your Cyphos grow as much as feeding thrice. That has been a learning lesson for me from your post (though I must admit that your video is awesome). I could perhaps be correct in saying - good water quality + clean tank + limited feeding + correct hours of lighting. But then, can you let us know of your water parameters and whats your NO3's before water change ?
Thank you very much Jay,
Temp. 78 degrees
PH 8.0
Ammonia (NH3/NH4) 0
Nitrite (NO2) 0
Nitrate (NO3) when they were young very undetectable but now around 1.5-2.0 ppm before water change...@ 7 days period.

(210g) 7ft long
(240g) 8ft long

Check out my tanks and stand build.
HERE....
Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 AM
jaideep
Veteran Member

Keeping: Ngumu Ngumu

Quote:

Thank you very much Jay,
Temp. 78 degrees
PH 8.0
Ammonia (NH3/NH4) 0
Nitrite (NO2) 0
Nitrate (NO3) when they were young very undetectable but now around 1.5-2.0 ppm before water change...@ 7 days period.
NO2 at 1.5-2.0 before WC !!!! Thats quite difficult coz your Fronts get to around 6" after a year. However, screening the sand was something I never thought of before, I too could try it maybe once a month. But whats the size difference of my silica sand and pellets - hey are of the same size I believe. But maintaining NO2 at around 2.0 is no joke - gotta be very regular with the sand screening and cleaning all the filters every week. I clean my filters maybe once in 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Eko
Site Advisor

Keeping: none

Nice! So I only have to wait 365 days before mine get like this ?

----------------/////
220g(7ft)-1 guppy
258g(6ft)- 1 red beta
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 PM
haixu

Keeping: moba

Quote:
Thanks Hai,
forgot to mentioned to you, always check your water parameters.(ammonia,nitrite,nitrate) if they are good don't play as a chemist. leave them alone. and you know how i take out those uneaten foods? i use a very fine nets ( same nets you will use to catch your frys ) and scoop them up same thing on their poop before i do water change.
now keep in mind, as they grow, they will eat more foods so, you will increase that a little and thats when you increase your water changes. as i've mentioned already, i now doing a 20-30% water change and upgraded my filtration also.
and don't forget to take a lots of pics.
yeah when I move them to a bigger tank I will change that to 20 to 30% nad I will check the water condition every 2 weeks and of course every week is poop cleaning time thanks again J - will do.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Video Discussion