Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa diseases, health and nutrition.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 AM
ddink7

::Profile::
Default How much to feed juvi kapampas?

I have 22 juvi Kapampas (ranging from 1" to 2") and am currently feeding them once per day all they can eat in two minutes (which comes out to two pinches of food). I'm feeding them NLS "Grow" 0.5 MM sinking pellets.

Should I be feeding them more than once a day, since they are still young? I want to get maximum growth while at the same time not taking any changes with bloat. I have the water at 78 degrees, since I've read that increases their metabolism and gives a boost to growth.

Please advise!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 AM
jico2
Site Advisor

Keeping: Chumbu,Pims,Kaps,Kits,Tembs,Samazi

I have 19 in a tank. Started out about your sizes. I fed twice a day. But after they got bigger I cut down to only once. They didn't seem too interested in the food while feeding twice once they got bigger.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM
neutrinoman
Administrator

Fed mine twice a day at that size, fed mine a little lighter at night and I never fed so much at once that they had bulging bellies or fed so much total that they had a rounded profile instead of a flat to slightly concave underside. Doing this, my larger males have always grown to 6 inches plus at one year of age.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
tanganyikatapwaterman

Keeping: Gibberosa from Czech Republic
Default feeding juvelines

I feed my six juvelines twice : early mornings and late evenings .
I always watch them,if some granule or shrimp is reaching coral sand that means ENOUGH!
In 53days fish grow up from 1.5 to 2' (waterchanges in first 30d=75%)
Be carefull with sistematic overfeed-result WILL BE BARREN FISH.

Better keep allways little bit hungry fish.Its like general rule : if fish is hungry-it means HEALTHY fish.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Ron R.
Elite Member

Keeping: WC Mobas (TNT Cichlids)

I feed all my F1 moba fry from tumbler to 2" juvie size 1x daily. I feed them NLS Thera A in the smallest .5mm sinking pellet size. When they get 2"+ I start feeding a combination of NLS Thera A, Dainichi Ultima, Dainichi Supreme and Dainichi Color FX in the 3mm sinking pellet size 1x daily.

I feed my wc moba adults the same combination of sinking pellets and add Hikari frozen krill and mysis. I feed them 1x daily and skip feeding them a day or 2 during the week.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition