Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Breeding Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa breeding, stripping, tumbling and fry care.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 PM
fisher
Site Advisor

::Profile::
Keeping: wc moba, wc kitumba, wc chumbu, wc lupota, wc moliro, wc kigoma
Default Lupota spawn

Finally got a lupota female with a mouthful after watching my gold comps slurp up the first two spawns. I got sick of watching the comps eating my eggs so I finally removed them. The lupotas have been in a little 90g awaiting their 125's completion which should be finished this weekend. They actually get along fairly well in the 90 which surprises me considering their size. Two 8-9" males and four 5-6" females. Hopefully she's still holding when I get home from work.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Jeff

Keeping: WC Moba

Hope she gives you some baby lupota.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:
fisher (08-18-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 05:44 PM
atiz311

Keeping: WC Chumbu

GOODLUCK BRO! Give us some updates.
Growout tanks: f1 chumbu frys/wigglers
Old 08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
fisher
Site Advisor

Keeping: wc moba, wc kitumba, wc chumbu, wc lupota, wc moliro, wc kigoma

Here are a few very bad pictures of them from a couple weeks ago. They're still in the little 90 but they go into their new tank this weekend sometime so i'll post more pics later.

I should be clear, I actually only saw one spawn that the comp stole all the eggs but I'm guessing this is what happened the first time they spawned a few weeks ago as well. The female would go behind this rock, lay an egg, and then slowly circle the rock. The male would be right behind her, fertilize the egg, and then follow the female very closely. The comp would sit on top of the rock, wait for the male to round the corner, shoot down and grab the egg, and then return to the top of the rock and chow down. I felt bad for the female who would round the next corner and attempt to find the egg she just laid, it confused her briefly, but then she would lay another egg and continue the cycle.
Needless to say, the comps have been removed and boom, I have a holder.

Hard to tell with the bad photo but she was still holding well after work tonight.I'll probably strip her before they go into the larger tank though.

Last edited by fisher; 08-15-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:26 PM
atiz311

Keeping: WC Chumbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher View Post
Here are a few very bad pictures of them from a couple weeks ago. They're still in the little 90 but they go into their new tank this weekend sometime so i'll post more pics later.

I should be clear, I actually only seen one spawn that the comp stole all the eggs but I'm guessing this is what happened the first time they spawned a few weeks ago as well. The female would go behind this rock, lay an egg, and then slowly circle the rock. The male would be right behind her, fertilize the egg, and then follow the female very closely. The comp would sit on top of the rock, wait for the male to round the corner, shoot down and grab the egg, and then return to the top of the rock and chow down. I felt bad for the female who would round the next corner and attempt to find the egg she just laid, it confused her briefly, but then she would lay another egg and continue the cycle.
Needless to say, the comps have been removed and boom, I have a holder.

Hard to tell with the bad photo but she was still holding well after work tonight.I'll probably strip her before they go into the larger tank though.
Your group looks NICE!
Growout tanks: f1 chumbu frys/wigglers
The Following User Says Thank You to atiz311 For This Useful Post:
fisher (08-18-2014)

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding