Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphos.com Marketplace > Buy, Sell or Trade
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Buy, Sell or Trade Post here if you have any aquaria related items you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Bevo5

::Profile::
Default Sell/Trade - MONSTER W/C Moba Male - NYC

I just got a great group of Moba from Joe at Off The Hook Aquatics. Very beautiful fish.

Part of the group is perhaps the biggest, bluest male I've seen. He's fantastic. But, I'm feeling like he might be too big for the tank....and the tricoti he keeps trying to take a bite out of.

So I'm need move him. He's over a foot - PM for photos (I don't have them just yet). I'd prefer to trade him for another WC moba male that's about 8-9inches. Or, just the $175 I'm in for him.

Local pickup in Brooklyn only. And faster the better.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Dylz

how big is the tank and other fish?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Bevo5

The tank is a 240ish gallon: 76x27x27.

The tricoti are 4+ to 7 inches. There is only one that is around 4 to 4.5. The other's are a good deal larger. I'd say there are two that I'm a bit worried about.

It's a bit strange though. He's just kind of moving towards them and then when he's close he kind of gives them a little extra attention. They all swim away and he does a lazy u-turn and repeats the process back and forth. None of the tricoti are necessarily all that concerned by it as they can easily get away at this point and they don't seem to be stressed by it.

So I'm not sure if he's just curious and kind of establishing the fact that he's there, or if he's actually hungry. I'm going to step up the feeding just a bit though. I hadn't really fed them much since they arrived so maybe he's hungry.

I was hoping to not have him eat one though. The two he has a realistic shot at are both females and I need those.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Dylz

hmm well thats a great tank. i dont think you will have problems from him. if im correct the tricoti inhabit the upper water column while the gibs will keep to the bottom area of your tank.
keep you eye on him for the next few weeks if nothing happens your probably good, but you should think about setting up the tank exclusively for the mobas
i found this
Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Bevo5

yeah that's a great tank image...too many female tricoti though.

The other moba all pretty much hang out in their space but he's too big to just chill somewhere. He goes all over it and is for sure following the tricoti. I guess I can wait and see if he gets one. Worst case is he takes one out. Best case is he's just curious and it all works out ok.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Dylz

well i would expect nothing less from a wild male of that size. he dosent need a place to fit, the whole tank is his and he needs to let everyone know whos the boss. try feeding them well tonight, maybe with some freeze dried krill, if he dosent stop stalking them then it may be time for a plan b.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Bevo5

Just bumping this post - I'm still interested in either trading or selling this guy. Let me know.

NYC Only.

Cyphos.com > Cyphos.com Marketplace > Buy, Sell or Trade