Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa diseases, health and nutrition.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:45 PM
T_Waters

::Profile::
Default Make floating pellets sink in 5 seconds.

Video on youtube. I tried it works perfectly. Practiced with a glass jar (to substitute for the aquarium) at the kitchen sink first to determine how much back pressure to apply, how much air to remove before that, etc. Then I was ready for the aquarium knowing knowing if it was going to work, and how fast they sink.

Once you see how much your particular sized pellets get transformed with your particular syringe using a specific length of inches back pressure, then you can make it work like that every time.

I find it possible to sort of roughly control how fast they sink (by applying more or less back pressure during preparation).

One piece of equipment needed: a syringe which has a removable plunger (almost all do) and which has the nozzle opening larger than the size of the pellets. I used this $8 syringe from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U3OJ0Y/
Nozzle is .190" opening but is tapered. So snipping part of the length of the nozzle tip off, it becomes larger, up to at least .350" or a bit more instead, depending how much you snip off.

Video: Make Floating Fish Food Sink in 5 Seconds.....
Is said to be uploaded by Foo The Flowerhorn
(But I suspect Foo's keeper is the actual author)

Last edited by fisher; 08-30-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:43 AM
dannyt

Keeping: 125 gal 9 F1 Kapampa and friends

especially cool for when you accidentally buy floating instead of sinking and have a surface skim overflow!
Old 09-02-2018, 05:42 PM
T_Waters

After some time I find that I can make floating pellets 1) all float 2)sink a bit slowly with half remaining floating, or 3) all sink swiftly. But can't really modulate between the 3. In other words can't fine tune the vacuuming out the air process from the pellets. It's pretty much none, half, or all, but not in between.

But like dannyt says, it can turn floating into sinking real fast and easy.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Trapani

What a neat little trick. I just hate the stubborn pellets that just refuse to sink when they're supposed to. haha
Old 11-17-2018, 12:58 AM
T_Waters

Yeah we now use the syringe every day for feeding hungry Frontosa in our tank. Pellets, flakes, freeze dried brine shrimp.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Nanook

Keeping: Lupota

Nice, thank you.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition