Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:07 AM
pbcleff

::Profile::

That is an AMAZING price for the acrylic tank. Congrats to you, nice work haha.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Razzo
Elite Member

Keeping: Good Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyjoe View Post
If just the tank alone, I usually go by the figure of $1 per gal. So I would pay $150 for a 150 gal. tank. Though occasionally you'll get a GREAT DEAL on Craigslist. I've got a 200 gal. Tank alone for $100, and another 270 gal. acrylic with stand, canopy, sump, FX5, heater and countless of misc., all for $350. The second one was a steal, only happens once in a life time
Joe.
That was the deal of the century on that 270! Did you have to buff/polish it?

Im stalking CL for my future ten foot 300 gallon acrylic tank. Monster tanks are harder to find as there is a limited number of crazies like us

Please help boost my Google rank of this image by clicking on this link every once in a while:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...-palau.673337/

Thank you for your support!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Handyjoe

Keeping: Moba & Few other Tangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzo View Post
That was the deal of the century on that 270! Did you have to buff/polish it?

Im stalking CL for my future ten foot 300 gallon acrylic tank. Monster tanks are harder to find as there is a limited number of crazies like us
I have three half gallon each of Novus 1, 2 and 3 in my garage. Dying to find some free time from work and get on with it. The tank's condition isn't bad at all. With water, it probably wouldn't shown any scratches. But I figure it best to polish it before I set it up. There'll be no chance to do that otherwise.

I've seen a glass 300 gal., 10 footer, on my area's Craigslist for $500. It comes on and off at time. I think the guy is having a tough time selling it. If I have the room, I wouldn't mind paying the price for it. I love big tank myself .
With that size of tank, it's hard to find (used), and it's hard to sell.
Good luck hunting Russ!
Joe.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Floridagirl
Site Advisor

Keeping: WC Mikula

220 is a 6ft 180 footprint, but taller.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Razzo
Elite Member

Keeping: Good Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyjoe View Post
I have three half gallon each of Novus 1, 2 and 3 in my garage. Dying to find some free time from work and get on with it. The tank's condition isn't bad at all. With water, it probably wouldn't shown any scratches. But I figure it best to polish it before I set it up. There'll be no chance to do that otherwise.

I've seen a glass 300 gal., 10 footer, on my area's Craigslist for $500. It comes on and off at time. I think the guy is having a tough time selling it. If I have the room, I wouldn't mind paying the price for it. I love big tank myself .
With that size of tank, it's hard to find (used), and it's hard to sell.
Good luck hunting Russ!
Joe.
omg, 300 glass! You'd need a brute squad to move it! No way, not me I am done with big glass tanks.

I've got some Novus 1-2-3 in my garage too. If and when I am able to combine all of my Mikula in the 240, I plan to polish it again. How in the world do you avoid scratching an acrylic tank?! I thought I was careful but I still have scratches all over the place. I need some best practices from others because what I am doing ins't working.

Please help boost my Google rank of this image by clicking on this link every once in a while:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...-palau.673337/

Thank you for your support!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:09 PM
jRogo

Every time I go on Craig's list my wife chimes in with you better not be looking for another tank. When I re arranged my fish room I made enough room to fit another 6ft tank. I can fit anything bigger than a 150 gal down there with the top or bottom braces. When I got my 220 gal it had no braces and told her that I can't fit it up the stairs now that it has them on. If I got something that big it would have to go up stairs.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment