Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa Species, Variants & Collection Points.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:35 AM
punman

::Profile::
Default Kigoma, Kavala, or Mpimbwe?

I have the chance to buy FIVE wild caught Seven Stripe Kigoma, Kavala, or Mpimbwes. All about the same price and all in the 5 inch range. In terms of visual appeal and personality are there major differences? I like the look of Mobas but they are twice the price and don't know if I want to spend that much. Going into a 135 gallon tank.
Fish tanks - betcha can't have just one!
Old 02-15-2016, 07:25 AM
Razzo
Elite Member

Keeping: Good Company

There are pictures in this forum if you haven't seen them yet.

I suppose the most common answer would Mpimbwe as they will, in general be more blue and have a smaller hump.

My situation is different, I'm interested in Kigs. Id love to get a nice strain with yellow in the dorsal fin.

Please help boost my Google rank of this image by clicking on this link every once in a while:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...-palau.673337/

Thank you for your support!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 AM
jico2
Site Advisor

Keeping: Chumbu,Pims,Kaps,Kits,Tembs,Samazi

I agree with Russ, I think the popular answer would be the mpimbwe. They are popular and you'd have plenty of people interested in their fry. I'm intrigued by the kigoma cheek patch. And TBH I'm not sure what the kavala look like. U had a friend that had nangu and they were very intriguing to me. They had a slightly different shape. You mentioned wanting moba. Out of your 3 choices, mpimbwe closest resemble moba. ( most blue) (( even though a different shade of blue))
240 Gallon 9 WC Tembwe
125 gallon 9 WC Kipilli
125 gallon 12 WC Chumbu
125 gallon 9 WC Mikula

This will be my last tank I promise. Oh who am I kidding?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Razzo
Elite Member

Keeping: Good Company

If you are interested in Wild Caughts, there has never been a better time to get wild Zaire gibberosa than now with Cichlids & Herps selling wild trios for $299 delivered. That is, almost, half price of what wild Zaire gibberosa have been selling for in recent memory. I can't recall seeing prices like that before and don't know how long those prices will last. I jumped in and got two Mikula trios and they are hot looking fish.

http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32595

You mentioned a price issue with Zaires, that is is why I mentioned the current sale they have going on. BTW: I'm not on staff with them ...just stoked about prices I have never seen before. It is a budget changer for sure.

Please help boost my Google rank of this image by clicking on this link every once in a while:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...-palau.673337/

Thank you for your support!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:54 AM
punman

Thanks for the feedback. I do like the darker blue colours. Thanks Razzo for the info about Cichlids & Herps . I don't know anything about Mikula. Anything like Mobas? What size are they with this sale? Does trio always mean 1M 2F?I don't know how shipping would be to Canada.

The fish I was referring to in my original post are around $100 Canadian each ($70 U.S). Five inch wild caught mobas are $215 each Canadian ($150 U.S.) . Free shipping over $500 Canadian. Just box charge.

Just making an edit here: I called Cichlids & Herps. They can ship to Canada but wild caughts need an inspection to enter Canada and that can run up to $400 so I think I am just as well off to buy within Canada unless I am going tank-raised.
Fish tanks - betcha can't have just one!

Last edited by punman; 02-15-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points