Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Talk
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Talk General Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Mobaman

::Profile::
Default Just wanted to share

I just wanted to share a experience with you guys. This happened roughly 4yrs ago, but it still bugs the heck outta me. lol! So maybe letting my cyphos family hear about it might make me forget about it. So here I go.

Around 4 years ago, my buddy and I were in the market for some nice size F1 Kapampas. We searched and searched the forums and one day came across a ad on CF. I responded to the ad which stated "(24) F1 Zaire Blue Kapampas for sale". Well I recieved a reply from a CF member from NY stating that he would sell me (24) F1 Kapampas at 2-3inches for $300+. So I thought to myself, too good to be true! So I asked the question, "Why so cheap?"...He stated that he had to move them, and was planning on buying fish from TNT cichlids on the weekend. So I figured, COOL! He can bring them down so I can save on shipping. So we proceeded and met this guy at a local mall... He opened a styro-foam box and all 24 fronts were in 1 bag... He then stuck his hand in and picked out 1 frontosa, and needless to say...it was a kapampa. We were thrilled and figured its our lucky day! So we bought the fish. Came home, and decided to split the group 12/12. As we placed them in the tank to divide our fish up. Boy was I in SHOCK! 12 were Kapampas, and 12 were ??? in others words I had no freakin clue what type of fronts they were. So I called and called this guy for an explaination...and you know what? NO ANSWER. So as I looked at my buddy, and had to make a decision. I gave him all the Kapampas and I was stuck with the no-names. It just pisses me off soo much when I see this individual's website stating that he is trust-worthy and has great qaulity fish. I'm just amazed on how some people can just lie to make a quick sale/buck. Well anyways, its a well lesson learned in my part. Now I always check the bag if I'm meeting someone for fish.

Not sure if he's a member here, but if so! lol buddy the joke was on me! But I know who you are, even if you changed your number and deleted your CF account. Now its time to erase this from my memory....thanks for listening everyone!

Mobaman's: bad experience <--------------- PRESS DELETE!

Last edited by Mobaman; 06-20-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: correction
Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 PM
aftertherain24

Sorry that happened hope you finally got yr. kapampas
Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
BOW
Elite Member

Sorry that happened to you! Some don't care!!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
tepei22

Sorry to hear about that mobaman. That would really irritate the heck out of me! I had a similar experience with an ebay purchase where I bought a very expensive putter and subsequently, the guy sent me an ordinary retail version. I called and he said he made a mistake and asked me to send the putter back and he would send the correct one. Fine. I did that and he said, "This is NOT the putter I sent you." Ah, yes it is! and plus, your buddy sent it out for you!

To make a long story short, the guy didn't send me the correct putter and he kept the retail one I sent back to him. SOO Annoying! I called and emailed time and again and he also ignored me. I thought about taking legal action but decided it wasn't worth it. I lost $350.

So this is what I did...which may help you. This bugged me for over 6 months since I have never been scammed before. I asked the Good Lord above to help me to forgive him and also to help me move on. I ended up writing him a very long email reexplaining my side while reminding him that what he did was not only wrong but cruel. And I that hope he would change his ways in the future knowing that this kind of business and conduct will really hurt him in the future. I got no response of course.

I did find peace shortly after that and now I'm fine. Good lesson for me and I am now very cautious and careful about who I do business with. It cost me $350 but maybe in the end, it saved me a lot more in the future.

Anyhow, I sympathize with you. The sad part on the guy who sold you the kapampas is that he never takes into consideration the consequences in the future for his actions. If the guy who sold you those fish knowing they all weren't kapampas is listening, let me share a Bible verse with you and it's good for all of us to remember...

A good name is more desirable than great riches, to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Hope you get some nice kapampas one day mobaman! And I'm sure your friend appreciated what you did. I thought that was very cool of you! In thinking, 12 F1 kapampas at 2-3 inches for $300 + is still a good deal! That's one positive.

F1 Cypho Moba Colony

Possibly looking for another type of Cypho....

Also breeding Tropheus WC Duboisi Maswa, WC Ikola and F1 Ilangi

Orange County, Calif

Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Mobaman

tepei22 thanks for those kind words. Sorry to hear about your ebay situation, what some people would do! All in all I'm not really upset with it anymore...just worried that this individual maybe scamming others as well. And your right $300 for 12 kapampas is still a steal! Just glad to get this bad experience out of the memory bank.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:55 PM
neutrinoman
Administrator

Too bad people are like that, but guess it serves as a caution of a trick to watch out for...
Old 07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Cyphosguy

DAMN...you should contact TNT and ask about this guy. I doubt TNT will remember this guy but if he was meeting Tyrone at his crib in Philly than I'm sure he'll know because not everyone lets people come to their houses. Anyhow, if it was me and if I saw "this guy" at any auctions in the Northeast or shows, I sure would single his *** out. Plus you'll know, he'll avoid you. LOL

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Talk