Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa Species, Variants & Collection Points.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 PM
FAGO

::Profile::
Keeping: Moba
Default Moba collection points

Good day all
From a trustworthy source who is in contact with a diver at the lake said that there are no fish in moba and that the "moba" variant are cought from kafifi to ntoto. Have anyone heard the same or any confirmation will be welcomed. Also if you know the place of collection , is it correct to name them i.e "moba ntoto" or "moba kafifi" ?
Old 11-15-2017, 10:55 AM
neutrinoman
Administrator

Pretty much what reliable sources have been saying for years, except I've never seen ntoto, I've seen m'toto (and other spots, as the actual collection locations have varied over the years). The story is back in the day the discoverers of 'moba', African Diving, called them moba as a misdirection to keep other collectors from finding them. Contrary to what most people think, African Diving didn't go defunct, they just moved on from collecting to other things, underwater photography, biological surveys, etc. Few years ago I found their web site. Just checked to confirm they're still around and they now have a FB page. So-- no longer a source for imports, now they're a source for photos, articles, underwater video, etc.

My take is moba isn't so much a collection point as the marketing name for fish that have been collected in more than one location over the years. Doesn't take away from them being nice fish.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM
jico2
Site Advisor

Keeping: Chumbu,Pims,Kaps,Kits,Tembs,Samazi

True moba are collected in mtoto, I have seen them collected in cape Tembwe. So I'd say my Tembwe are moba.
240 Gallon 9 WC Tembwe
125 gallon 9 WC Kipilli
125 gallon 12 WC Chumbu
125 gallon 9 WC Mikula

This will be my last tank I promise. Oh who am I kidding?

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points