Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Breeding Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa breeding, stripping, tumbling and fry care.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:01 PM
ujwaldignified

::Profile::
Default Upgrading breeding group from 8x2x2ft footprint To 10x2hx3w or 8x2hx3w (in ft)?

Hello folks
Long time it has been.
I am away from my Egg laying mobas (2m/8f 1year old with me, no fries yet) for close to 8 months now.
They are in. 8x2x2ft.
I will soon be taking them all with me to my new home.
And plan to upgrade their footprint too.

Which size option would affect less and not disturb the colony from breading.
1. 8x2hx3 ft
2. 10x2hx3 ft
???

Just wanted to keep the height at 2ft to keep cleaning and access to the bed simple.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:44 AM
ujwaldignified

Bump bump bump
Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 PM
neutrinoman
Administrator

Not sure I'm clear. One year old and you've had them 8 months? You've had them one year and it's been 8 months since you've had fry?

In any case, imo it will depend on your group as much as anything. They should be happy in either tank, the rest is up to them and this is hard to predict, one group can respond differently than another. This assumes the males are at least three years old, females about 18 months. Any younger and they're probably not ready anyway.
ujwaldignified (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM
ujwaldignified

Thanks NM...
By the way i got my tank upgraded to 8x2(h)x3(d).
And my group is in there for about 2 months now.

Good news is one of the females bred without a pause....every 88 days.
She is now holding for 37th day and i have no plans of tumbling them . And i have given her a quarantine tank of her own, with a cave to hide.

I tried stripping her once and got about 17 wrigglers. And just wanted to experiment with them on the 30th day, by tossing them all back into the tank and see what the mother would do. It was awesome to watch ( could not make a video as the tank is in dark) her go around the entire tank and pick them all up and return to her cave.

She is unbeatable by any kind of attractive treats. She would just come and nibble at it but not eat.
However i give her some pellets once in a while and she manages to eat some of them. I hope she has got some nutrition there.

Last night i saw her seemed like the mouth bulging was all flat and i thought the game is over and net her out to check her mouth....only to discover that she was smartly holding them back and not letting me(the intruder) know that she had her babies in her mouth and attack her.

Thanks a lot everybody who supported me when my group was new.

Regards
Uj

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding