Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa Species, Variants & Collection Points.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Galc

::Profile::
Keeping: Cyphotilapia Frontosa Blue Zaire Moba

Unfortunately I haven't seen Mikula at any importer/breeder here. But I do see Moba, Kapampa and Mpimbwe.
Hope someone will add some input as well, but for now I lean toward Kaps.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Troyale

Also another major contributing factor of the colors they will display would be the tank decor i.e substrate, rock work and background color. The same fish would display different over black substrate opposed to white substrate or a black vs blue background.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Jeff

Keeping: WC Moba

I keep Moba and have had Tembwe in the past. To me, the only Zaire (isn't it time it became Congo?) type which I can actually distinguish from other groups is the Mikula which I can usually identify straight away as they have greater contrast and a whiter white than others. As far as the other groups go, I struggle to tell any difference at all. There is a wide range of variation within each type.
I chose to keep Moba because that is what people seem to know and want when it comes to Congo fish so therefore there is a bigger demand for their fry. It made sense to me. It seems that amongst those who are not as into fronts as the folks on here, Moba have almost become the generic name for Congo blues - like the Hoover of the vacuum cleaner world or the Sellotape of the sticky tape world.
If those considerations mean nothing to you, then just choose the ones you like the best.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Species, Variants & Collection Points