Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Breeding Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa breeding, stripping, tumbling and fry care.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Razzo
Elite Member

::Profile::
Keeping: Good Company
Default Fab 5 Fresh Females?

Mikula Group Nyatzi, for the most part, is a recently imported group. All fish, except Nyazti, imported last April 2014. This is really my first group "fresh from the lake." All females were purchased as "smalls."

The Mikula in the 240 and my old kap group were purchased from a friend and had been in the country for some time.

I am just curious for you folks who have purchased "fresh groups" and "fresh smalls," how long before you started seeing decent spawning activity. I've always thought it could take up to a year for a fresh young group to "get it going."

Out of my Fab 5 Fresh Females, I have only had one girl hold once and that was somewhat recently. Is that abnormal? I also had six mature male altolamps in this tank which may explain the lack of holding females too (btw: they are gone now).

Thanks,
Russ

Please help boost my Google rank of this image by clicking on this link every once in a while:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...-palau.673337/

Thank you for your support!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Jeff

::Profile::
Keeping: WC Moba

Both my groups are/were lake fresh and I had action from both within 6 months, but not from all females. My males always seem to have favourites. Sometimes a group can be in a dealers tanks for a long time. I know of one group that has been two years unsold, but now they are sold and breeding.
(On another note, I have a group of Mikula available at last, but of course, I have no tank space. Typical.)

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Breeding