Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion Share photos of your Cyphotilapia frontosa, gibberosa and their aquariums.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
foreverfrontosa
Veteran Member

::Profile::
Keeping: Mpimbwe & Kapampa

They look like hybrid to me.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
KitumbaHunter

Here's what I would do, make him refund your money without you having to ship them back. Have his charge you the going rate for Burundis or Mpimbwes, keep the fish, do something with them, give them away, eat them, sell them as hybrids. I'd be hating life to pay shipping twice and have nothing in the end but an empty tank, it can't be cheap to ship them back, plus customs, paperwork and stuff. So you have his fish, he has some $, and you don't feel like he reamed you! My 2 cents bro!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
nagukush

Friends, just wanted to mention this here in public - if my importer and my seniors from the Indian Forums are also reading this, and to all you kind friends -

Please note that I respect and consider my Friends here on Frontosa.com and Cyphos.com as my own family, because I have been give that kind of love and care by all the kind people here. Whatever I have learnt regarding keeping the frontosas and whatever I'm today as hobbyist is because of the kind guidance of my friends here. I'm sharing all my joys and sorrows here only because I think I have every right to do so with my 'FAMILY'

I'm not saying all this here to insult or create a problem for the importer - if you read my posts carefully - I have only said that this has been an 'unintentional' mistake and nowhere I have directly said anything wrong about the Importer.

I know there are'nt many indians here and If I wanted to ruin his reputation or go public - I would have done so on the Indian forums, where a portion of his business runs and where it would affect him. I have promised my seniors that I will no stoop so low as to harm him in any way because I believe that I dont have the right tto spoil or affect his business in any way. I still believe and I say this in public - I still respect the importer as he is my senior on the Indian forums and I'm still convinced that it was nott intentional.

I'm saying all this because the importer ( I dont want to mention his name or details and I havent done that so far because I know he has business in many of the countries ) has crossed his limits and has offended me by calling me names and passing personal judgments over me - he says that I'm a jobless fellow to write such long messages and o discuss all this with some jokers on the international sites and says that all I know is to beg and convince people to pity me.

I dont need anybody to pity me or to have sympathy with me and I know what I am and I love myself for that. I know that I'm not a bad person and I can very well write all this on the appropriate forums where it will really affect him but I have promised to myself that I will not be doing so and harm anybody's business.

He keeps mentioning that he did me a favor by getting these fish for me and will 'help' me get my money back - I dont understand what he means by the 'favor' and 'help' after I have spent 36,000 in my currency on these hybrids and a burundi.

I have also decided that I will not bear the shipping charges of any sort because that part of the deal was between him and the singapore guy and he is just trying to drag me in. If the singapore people have shipped the wrong fish - how am I to be blamed ? My deal was with the importer and I am going to demand a full refund and if this is not acceptable then I dont need a refund at all - I will keep the fish and will give them away to somebody who promises not to breed and distribute the babies - and will quit the hobby.

I'm saying this because I know I will not be happy in the hobby anymore either by keeping and learning to live with the hybrids or by keeping any other fish that I dont want to keep. My passion was and will forever remain for the Zaire Blues and I'm sure that I will not be able arrange enough money again to buy them...

Anyways, I say this again - I'm not writing all this here to go public against the importer ( there are better ways for doing that and I know them very well ) but I want to make it clear that I have every right to discuss all this with my friends and no one has the right to try to stop me by offending and calling me and my friends names. I have seniors here too and I know how much I respect them...

Anyways, thanks for the support guys - I request you all to forgive me, if I have said anything wrong about anybody and If I may request you friends - let us keep this to our forums only and not discuss this on the indian forums...I have a promise to keep and I request you kind friends to help me with it...

Thanks for understanding and for being with me in my joys and sorrows, like a true family. I'm proud to be a part of this community and will forever remain so...
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM
nagukush

Friends, the hybrids seem to have settled more in their tank and are coming out more boldly - they are even coming to the upper regions of the tank...

I'm afraid that they all are turning more in to burundis with each day passing by. The blues have come down tremendously and they have become much more yellow than yesterday.

The masks look completely faded out but the eye stripe is getting real dark and prominent - I'm not exaggerating but they are starting to look low-quality burundis with imperfect / funny eye-stripes...

I just dont want to even see them and I almost feel like for the first time in my life I'm keeping a flowerhorn or painted / tattooed fish in my precious frontosa tank... I know its not their fault that they are completely messed up but I dont want to convince myself too...

Feeling really bad and down - its almost like the complete joy of the hobby has been denied to me and has finished for me...

Today is the Water-Change and weekly maintainance day but I dont feel like doing it anymore...
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Heather
VIP Member

Keeping: Kitumba, Kipili, Kigoma

Kush,

Of course this is not your fault and you should not leave the hobby. If we all gave up when a really sad experience happened to us, there would not be anyone left in our hobby

It appears what you received are first generation Zaire x Burundi hybrids and while it is possible this was an innocent mistake on the sellers part... perhaps a stray female Burundi jumped into a vat of WC Moba .... the facts remain; it does not appear that you received the fish being represented for sale in the picture you were originally provided. As such, in my personal opinion anyone trying to make a name for themselves in India and globally importing and retailing rare and beautiful cichlids in which reptuation is everything... should consider your future business valuable enough to invest in your satisfaction... whether it be in the form of a credit towards true Moba or refunding all expenses paid to obtain what you received in error. It would just be wise business management... beyond being the right thing to do.

Please send me a private message with your Paypal account address.. I would like to make a donation to contribute towards your situation. Although we have fallen on some tough times here, it would do me some good to nix DD coffee runs for a little while... and I invite our community to come together and consider doing the same to help our friend Kush out... however we can comfortably.

Hang in there Kush,
Heather

Video Gallery: Burundi | Kapampa | Kitumba | Mpimbwe | Moba | Samazi
Photo Gallery: Frontosa | Gibberosa | Cyphotilapia Aquariums
Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
ups2525

"Hey kush - is this the same ADA guy that you had mentioned as the most reputed source in your country ? If yes then I think I can help you a little - I have a friend who breeds and exports fish to the Asian countries and I have a contact in ADA - I can talk to them if you want me to... let me know..."

I have close to 1500 gallons and sell fish on a regular basis to local fish stores and fellow hobbyist. If I put myself in his shoes, your situation would be a high priority. I would fix this ASAP.

Has he offered to replace them w/guaranteed Zaire?

In no way should you have to pay another $ for anything else. If he tried to collect the $ and received a diff amount, it would be your responsibility to fix the situation, and this applies to both parties. This is not a complicated deal. He fixes the issue or fully refunds all the $.

Here is an idea, give him cyphos.com and allow him to respond to your post.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:16 AM
nagukush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Kush,

Of course this is not your fault and you should not leave the hobby. If we all gave up when a really sad experience happened to us, there would not be anyone left in our hobby

It appears what you received are first generation Zaire x Burundi hybrids and while it is possible this was an innocent mistake on the sellers part... perhaps a stray female Burundi jumped into a vat of WC Moba .... the facts remain; it does not appear that you received the fish being represented for sale in the picture you were originally provided. As such, in my personal opinion anyone trying to make a name for themselves in India and globally importing and retailing rare and beautiful cichlids in which reptuation is everything... should consider your future business valuable enough to invest in your satisfaction... whether it be in the form of a credit towards true Moba or refunding all expenses paid to obtain what you received in error. It would just be wise business management... beyond being the right thing to do.

Please send me a private message with your Paypal account address.. I would like to make a donation to contribute towards your situation. Although we have fallen on some tough times here, it would do me some good to nix DD coffee runs for a little while... and I invite our community to come together and consider doing the same to help our friend Kush out... however we can comfortably.

Hang in there Kush,
Heather
Hi Madam,

That is just so kind & caring of you and I'm truly grateful to you for saying that. ma'amr, if I may say / request this ( kindly dont misunderstand me for saying this) I dont need the monetary help as I'm already very grateful to all you kind friends ( my family if I may say ) and I really have no idea on how am I going to repay for all the love that I have been given here and on frontosa.com...

Madam, all I need and request from you friends is to just kindly pray for me and give me your wishes that everything works out well for me. I'm in touch with the importer again and it seems he will try to help me...

I have also received a word from a friend who is coming in from Singapore in week and he will be hand-carrying 6 f1 mobas for me - that is if I manage to transfer the money to him before that. I have informed and requested this to the importer and I hope he will understand and will do his best to help me atleast this time...

Anyways, thank you so much again madam - just the fact that you thought of helping me and getting me my mobas is in itself a huge thing for me and is more important to me than any moba in the world - honestly Sir...

I'm really so grateful to all you friends...

Last edited by nagukush; 01-30-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Ron R.
Elite Member

Keeping: WC Mobas (TNT Cichlids)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Kush,

Hang in there Kush,
Heather
I'll kick in as well.................$$$$ always helps a bad situation.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:55 AM
nagukush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron R. View Post
I'll kick in as well.................$$$$ always helps a bad situation.
Hi Ron Sir,

Thanks again for the kindness but as I have already requested to Heather madam - I really dont need monetary help - I know everybody's money is hard earned money and I just cant justify buying fish with you kind friend's money. It would have been a different story If we were in the same country and if you could help me by lending some money for the mobas, which I could return / pay back in some time but I'm pretty confident that it will not be possible and moreover I will not be able to arrange so much amount of money anytime soon to pay back...

Anyways, as I have said before, your kindness and your care means much more than any beautiful moba in the world... A lot of people might have beautiful wild caught mobas, but I think I'm more blessed, as not many will have the same kind of support, love and affection that you friends have given to me - and I'm so grateful to you all...

Honestly no butterings intended to anybody... Thanks a lot for everything...
Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 AM
nagukush

moreover if I may say this - I really dont want anybody in my country to think that I'm just being sweet to everybody and I'm requesting everybody to have pity on me and help me with the money - I promise that those are not my intentions and I know what I'm and I love myself for that...

Thanks again friends...

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion