Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion Share photos of your Cyphotilapia frontosa, gibberosa and their aquariums.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:49 PM
nagukush

::Profile::

Friends, I know that my posts may seem like I'm exaggerating or pretending, but I promise on my everything, that I have no such intentions - this is the way I write and I will forever remain so... I know people may even think that I'm crazy and I'm just over-reacting but only I know how important this is for me and what these fish meant / mean to me... Thanks again...
Old 01-30-2010, 05:29 PM
nagukush

Friends, I just came to know that a few of my seniors here in my country, whom I had trusted, and contacted and requested for help ( as they were pretty close to the importer ) are laughing and making fun of me and are distributing my request letters all around to make fun of me more... its just so sad Friends - I dont see how these guys are 'seniors' and how do they justify themselves as 'hobbyists' - I pity them actually for not knowing what the 'true spirit of the hobby is'... feeling a little hurt and cheated again...
Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
neutrinoman
Administrator

I suppose not everyone may understand such an outpouring of sentiment or why a hobby might mean so much to a person, but if when it's all said and done you end up being one of the few in such a large country with true Moba from a respected source you can have the last laugh.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM
nagukush

Friends, all this experience has been so devastating to me but you all have inspired me so much that I'm forced to listen to some of my most fav & inspiring songs / recordings after a long time and I would like to share some of them witb you -

Request you friends / family to kindly try to have a listen just once - I'm sure you'll love the songs / recordings..
Old 01-30-2010, 06:16 PM
nagukush

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrinoman View Post
I suppose not everyone may understand such an outpouring of sentiment or why a hobby might mean so much to a person, but if when it's all said and done you end up being one of the few in such a large country with true Moba from a respected source you can have the last laugh.
Yes Sir - I just wish I could prove it to everybody, how important & serious this is to me... I know many people in my country / indian forums are thinking that I'm just over-reacting or exagggerating to get people's attention / support / pity, but I Promise I really am not...

A few people in my indian forums had sent and are still sending me messages, saying that I should learn to live with what I have received for my money etc and this was my reply to them -

Sirs, just wanted to say and clarify very honestly from the heart that it is not about who gets the fish first or who owns the rarest or the most expensive fish here in India ( it would then become a race rather than a hobby ) - I dont have any intentions like I want to show-off that I'm very rich and I can afford to spend so much on a particular fish etc - its just about the particular species one is interested in...

Some people are crazy for discus, some for african cichlids - some people love the flowerhorns and the parrots and some love the arowanas etc - some want to go planted and some want to go marine etc.... I'm just passionate and very serious about the frontosas & gibberosas, and keeping & breeding the zaire blues has been an ultimate goal for me in the hobby.

Also wanted to clarify that If I was'nt so serious about these fish and experienced enough to decide, and if I was'nt confident enough that I can keep a fairly demanding fish alive & healthy for as long as it can live naturally, I would never have decided to shell out the very last rupee and spend so much money on just a few, fish that others think as shy & boring, slow-growing 3" blue colored striped fish that will take ages - atleast 3 years or more to grow & start breeding... I would never have bought the monster 212 gallon tank either..

For me and in my humble opinion, when a hobbyist realizes that he is experienced enough and decides to 'specialize' - its 'the species' ( or a collection of species for that matter ) that truly matters the most ( and everything else comes next ) - Hope I made sense...

Anyways thanks again for the kind advice and for caring...

BTW - also wanted to mention that I feel that I have advanced a little in the hobby (IMHO) and I just hate, and I can never approve of Hybrids, Cross-Breds, Painted / Tatooed fish etc - just doesnt make any sense to me -

Hope I gave them the right answer sir...
Old 03-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Trinity

Hi Kush,

Just thought of checking..whats ur status quo at the moment..did u manage to get them mobas?.. i find myself in a similar seeker situation like yourself currently.. Looking for some Kapampa or mobas for sale in India.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion