Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion Share photos of your Cyphotilapia frontosa, gibberosa and their aquariums.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Rivers2k

::Profile::
Keeping: Mpimbwe, EBJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yel View Post
You have a nice young colony. May I know why you got only four? What is the size of your tank?
I only got 4 because I was dealing with someone I had never dealt with before and he isn't on any of the forums so I couldn't get any recommendations. Turned out he was a really nice guy with some great fish, I plan on getting a few more. I have them in a 75 gallon right now. Plan on getting a bigger tank next spring.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Yel

Keeping: Moba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
Plan on getting a bigger tank next spring.
If you want to get serious raising them please get a 6 footer tank if you can. Most of the members here will tell you that is the minimum tank size requirements.
90G - Discus
Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Rivers2k

Quote:
If you want to get serious raising them please get a 6 footer tank if you can. Most of the members here will tell you that is the minimum tank size requirements.
There is no way they need a 6 foot tank right now.

I have been keeping fish for over 25 years, so I am not to new at this. I did a lot of research and plenty of people here and the other frontosa site said a 75 gallon is fine for now. As I said before I plan on getting a bigger tank next spring.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Yel

Keeping: Moba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
There is no way they need a 6 foot tank right now.

I have been keeping fish for over 25 years, so I am not to new at this. I did a lot of research and plenty of people here and the other frontosa site said a 75 gallon is fine for now. As I said before I plan on getting a bigger tank next spring.
Oppsss, no offense. The 6 footer I'm trying to say is the bigger tank you are planning to get next spring, 75G is definitely fine for now.
I have 7 kigomas before in my 72G and they look crowded in that tank and aggression is my main problem with them. When I transfered them to 6 foot tank (180G) everything goes well. Now I have 10 mobas in that tank and at about 5 to 6.5 inches they look ok but may thin them down to 8 if they reach about 10 inches.
90G - Discus
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Rivers2k

Quote:
Oppsss, no offense. The 6 footer I'm trying to say is the bigger tank you are planning to get next spring, 75G is definitely fine for now.
I have 7 kigomas before in my 72G and they look crowded in that tank and aggression is my main problem with them. When I transfered them to 6 foot tank (180G) everything goes well. Now I have 10 mobas in that tank and at about 5 to 6.5 inches they look ok but may thin them down to 8 if they reach about 10 inches.
I am sorry I jumped to conclusions. I just left a forum that was full of Tank Size Elitists, TSE's as I like to call them. Its was for puffer fish which I also keep and no tank was ever big enough. A 125 gallon would be considered to small for minnows if the other person had a 150 gallon. So anyways sorry if I got a little edgy.

So anyways I am planning on moving in the spring not sure if I am staying in NY or moving to PA with work. So I am waiting to see what happens. If I move to PA and things work as planned I will be getting an 8 footer and gaining a fish room. If we stay in NY then I will not be getting the extra room and I would get a 6 footer.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Photo Discussion