Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:42 AM
jwcollect

::Profile::
Keeping: Moba, Burundi, Misc. Lake Tanganyikan
Default Tank Controllers

Does anyone use a tank controller like Reefkeeper or Neptune Apex to monitor and control temp, PH, lights, feeding, etc?

I use the Neptune Apex system to control temp, monitor PH and turn my lights on and off. I especially like the fact that the system is cloud based and I can check out my tanks from my phone no matter where I am. It's also setup to email me if any of the parameters fall out of a specified range. In the future I may add feeders and a camera. It's definitely not cheap but it makes running 4 tanks much easier and convenient.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:23 PM
baddiesel

::Profile::

I used to operate a Neptune Apex on my reef tank. That luxury didn't last long due to many power bumps in my area. Yep, it fried my $400+ system. I will never setup anything automated again. My RANCOR temperature controller seems to take a beating, and does a great job maintaining my temp. If I could afford an expensive power conditioning system with a huge UPS, then I would go back to the Neptune Apex. I just have to win the lottery first.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Tanks & Equipment