Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > General Aquaria Forums > African Cichlids
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

African Cichlids Discussion of African Cichlids from Lake Malawi, Tanganyika and Victoria.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:23 PM
STEAKBELLY

::Profile::
Keeping: WC Mikula, WC White Chatika Calv., gold occies, Nanna Anomalas, Brevis, WC Blk, Calv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuran View Post
This have been on my want list for a while, along with discus in the same tank. But i am concerned with how hard my water is.
Water can be hardened or softened easily....go for it!! I am once I build my fishroom!!
Old 02-28-2017, 06:23 PM
fisher
Site Advisor

Keeping: wc moba, wc kitumba, wc chumbu, wc lupota, wc moliro, wc kigoma

Those are pretty sweet! How large do they get? All of my friends with sa/ca tanks all have these huge 300-400 gallon tanks and only a pair of fish or so in each one because they get so aggressive. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to anything south of the border. (except maybe for a few types of plecos that is)

And...I have the hard, high ph water issue as well. lol
Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
STEAKBELLY

Keeping: WC Mikula, WC White Chatika Calv., gold occies, Nanna Anomalas, Brevis, WC Blk, Calv.

double check me but I believe around 7-8" ish max....they are very peaceful too...not sure about while breeding or holding but if I remember correctly they are all around a peaceful species

Last edited by STEAKBELLY; 02-28-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:27 PM
xufan02

Keeping: 14 F1 Kitumba

If you go with the inkfins and want some yellow/orange in the aquarium, I would recommend Neolamprologus mustax. I had WC pair awhile back that were just gorgeous. They can hold their own, but are not constantly chasing and nipping like lelupi.

Neolamprologus nigriventris would look great with that black sand, but they are pretty aggressive and the shellies wouldn't last long. They are rare in the hobby but would be cool to keep.

Neolamprologus buecheri would also be cool. They stay pretty small but can hold their own. I have never kept them, but plan adding them to my 120 gallon community aquarium once I get it up and running.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 PM
phuran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher View Post
Those are pretty sweet! How large do they get? All of my friends with sa/ca tanks all have these huge 300-400 gallon tanks and only a pair of fish or so in each one because they get so aggressive. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to anything south of the border. (except maybe for a few types of plecos that is)

And...I have the hard, high ph water issue as well. lol
The smallest Geos get 6" but most 8-12" range. From my understanding I thought they did well in groups, i could be wrong. Been awhile since i researched them

Last edited by phuran; 02-28-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:44 PM
phuran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEAKBELLY View Post
Water can be hardened or softened easily....go for it!! I am once I build my fishroom!!
Haha problem is i still need the tank, and if i am choosing between fronts and Geos its going to be Fronts. I dont want to mess with water chemistry right now. Not tell I start my fishroom. Once i have that, i plan on having both a soft water and a hardwater side to the fish room. Plus most Geos you get are F1 at least from the places ive looked.

Cyphos.com > General Aquaria Forums > African Cichlids