Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Video Discussion
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Video Discussion Discuss Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa videos in the gallery.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 AM
Razzo
Elite Member

::Profile::
Keeping: None
Default Fish Room Update

The 240-gallon tank: after Tau's passing, I sold off the two large beta boys. I was down to three females in that tank. I was planning to take that tank out of service to buff and polish. Those females started getting very aggressive with each other and one was taking a beating. This caused me to expedite my plans to polish this tank, so, a couple days ago, I moved those three into the 125 Mikula Group Nyatzi. Here is a video of Mikula Group Nyatzi 2m & 5f plus the 3 females mentioned above. So, for a few weeks there will be ten Mikula in his tank. I kind like the over crowded look. It really changes the dynamic of the tank and how they behave. They are less shy and more aggressive eaters. I did change up the aquascaping: moved rocks and added rocks to give the three added females a chance to sneak into the harem. Didn't spend a lot of time aquascaping a master piece. Just had to get it done quickly...

Tried to follow one fish (again, kinda a newbie with video). Tried to keep the focal distance the same by moving when Nyatzi moved. Please let me know if that kinda worked keeping some level of sharpness...

Lastly, I have the two new trios in another 125 waiting for me to finish working on the 240. The plan will be to move Nyatzi and the eight females with him (mentioned above) into the newly aquascaped 240. Beta boy will stay in that 125 to be joined by the two new trios from Cichlids & Herps. For now, I will call that group, "Mikula Group Jean-Claude Van Damme" because snakes don't have armpits . So Mikula Group Van Damme will have seven members (3m & 4f). When the two new, young, males get big enough to clearly determine that they are boys, one will get traded for a female in the 240 and became Nyatzi's beta in the 240.

That's my story :-)

Last edited by Razzo; 02-24-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Razzo
Elite Member

Keeping: None

I'll fix those links later. I can't make the changes John taught me on my iPad. I have the YouTube app on my iPad and that somehow changes things, the links. I'll have to try Johns procedure from the iMac (unless you beat me to it John ).
Old 02-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Dimizeg2g

Keeping: WC Mikula

Looking good Russ, love the name twist!
Old 02-25-2016, 01:11 PM
mfehmi

Keeping: WC Moba

Very nice group Russ!!! I like the change and the crowded tank, it gives more live and energy to the tank.

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Video Discussion