Home Videos Affiliates Sponsors Chat TOS
Go Back   Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Cyphotilapia frontosa & gibberosa diseases, health and nutrition.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Dman

::Profile::
Keeping: Moba, Kapamba, Burundi

Hi Moba Pat

I am also experiencing a problem something like your's. I know you said that the problem isn't egg bound but the fact that its happening only(?) to females may indicate otherwise. I have a female that suffered from severe float a few months ago and I had to use the needle procedure to remove the air and I medicated her with some Kannaplex and she seemed to make a full recovery. Then several weeks ago she started sitting on the bottom so I thought it was another infection. I put her in a hospital tank and started treatment with everything I had. She was eating great but her sinking problem did not improve. After two weeks of treatment, I decided to put her in a tank with juvenile Burundi but her condition worsened to the point she quit eating. Back into the hospital tank with Metro and Furan - no improvement. As a last ditch effort, I pinched around her egg tube opening and a single mangled egg came out. I had not tried this before because her egg opening appeared normal to me. Hoping that was the problem, I started the Epsom salt and Kannaplex treatment since the other two weren't helping. She still was not eating two days later. Even though her belly was not swollen, I tried the same procedure and this time three eggs came out. I am currently hopeful this will lead to her recovery because she has started to eat (flake food) and swims around a little more than usual. However, I am wondering if there are more eggs stuck in her since when she was healthy she would produce around 15 to 18 eggs per spawn. I have no idea what would cause egg binding - perhaps it happens a lot in the wild and we'll never know. Or most likely as implied by other posts, it could be a secondary response to some other fish problem. Just thought I would share what I am going through and I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

Later

Dman
Old 02-11-2016, 10:56 PM
ujwaldignified

::Profile::
Default Hey I have my Male Moba with exactly the same problem

I lost 5 females and left with 2 males and 1 female so felt discouraged and neglected the tank and performed water change only once in 2 months or so. This is what he looks like now.
https://youtu.be/yAAw9TMAPx4

Cyphos.com > Cyphotilapia Forums > Cyphotilapia Disease, Health and Nutrition