Cyphos.com

Cyphos.com (http://www.cyphos.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell or Trade (http://www.cyphos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Looking for Gnathochromis (http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33470)

Nanook 12-20-2017 10:42 PM

Looking for Gnathochromis

Any body know where I can start?

dannyt 12-21-2017 01:08 AM

Try Bob at cichlids and herpes

Nanook 12-21-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyt (Post 343861)
Try Bob at cichlids and herpes

I emailed them on their site a month or two ago and never heard back. It was the wild fish purchases in African Cichlid Buying Club.

Nanook 12-22-2017 05:43 PM

Anyone else?

neutrinoman 12-22-2017 09:32 PM

Pretty sure Greg has gotten them in the past. Kind of a rare fish, but I have seen them for sale at times.

Might be something you could request for special order or at least put guys on the lookout for, whether Greg or (link1 ... link2 are a couple of other possibilities I can think of). Haven't been in the market to buy Tangs for a while, so I've been out of touch with a couple of guys I used to know and can't speak to the current reputation of these sellers.

Nanook 12-22-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutrinoman (Post 343868)
Pretty sure Greg has gotten them in the past. Kind of a rare fish, but I have seen them for sale at times.

Might be something you could request for special order or at least put guys on the lookout for, whether Greg or (link1 ... link2 are a couple of other possibilities I can think of). Haven't been in the market to buy Tangs for a while, so I've been out of touch with a couple of guys I used to know and can't speak to the current reputation of these sellers.

Thank you! I was thinking about Fronts only, but the tank needs to be more of a community tank for my liking. Gnathochromis and some nice Calvus/Comps that will do well with my 1.5”-2” Lupota would be ideal. Several of these online stores are really bad with emails, so I guess I’ll just call them and leave a message. Someone has to be selling fish:)

Forestcat 12-24-2017 05:16 PM

Gnathochromis is a great fish and will do great with fronts most of the time.
They kinda stick to themself and won't bother other fish.
The hardest part is getting a pair that gets along.
They haven't been imported to Europe for a while but recently they are comming in again.
Prices now are between 90 and 140 euro's depending on the importer.
If we can get them here i am sure some importer in the US can get them for you.

Nanook 12-24-2017 07:16 PM

Thanks. Is it best to just buy a couple?

Forestcat 12-25-2017 04:47 PM

Best is to just buy a few and wait untill a pair has formed.
They are more picky about their mates than frontosa and if you are thinking about breeding them you really need a pair that gets along.

Nanook 01-25-2018 09:29 PM

Thanks, still looking:)